DURHAM, N.C. — The new Sprouts Farmers Market grocery store in Durham is having their Grand Opening on Wednesday, August 22! There will be giveaways, samples, discounts and every customer will receive one free reusable bag with purchase.
This store will be the fourth Sprouts location in North Carolina and the second in the Triangle.
The new store is located at 105 W. NC Highway 54, Durham, NC at the intersection of Hwy. 54 and Fayetteville Road. This location is 30,000-square-feet and will employ approximately 140 people. The hours will be 7 am – 10 pm each day.
The Durham store will offer locally made products from North Carolina-based producers, including Carolina Kettle Chips, Big Spoon Roasters Nut Butters, Little Red Wagon Granola, Nello’s Pasta Sauce, Mountain Ridge Honey and Ran-Lew Dairy.
One of the fabulous things about Sprouts is that they have a commitment to “zero waste” and the new Durham store will donate unsold and edible groceries to Second Harvest Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina through the grocer’s Food Rescue program. In 2017, Sprouts stores and distribution centers donated 23 million pounds of product, equivalent to 19 million meals. Food that is not fit for donation is provided to local cattle farms and composting facilities.
Grand Opening Details on August 22
Sprouts will host a ribbon-cutting ceremony that is open to the public just before the doors open at 7 a.m.
Grand opening day giveaways on August 22:
- The first 200 shoppers will receive 20 percent off their initial total purchase. A line is expected to form at 6 a.m.
- Delicious muffin and coffee samples will be served to everyone in line before the doors open.
- Upon checkout, every 15th shopper will receive a coupon book featuring Sprouts savings.
- Every customer will receive one free reusable bag with purchase.
Grand opening weekend deals:
- Saturday, August 25 – The first 200 customers to make a purchase will receive a coupon booklet for five free deli items.
- Sunday, August 26 – Upon checkout, every 15th customer will receive a coupon for $5 off a purchase of more than $15 to use on their next visit.
Ways to Save Money at Sprouts
There are a number of ways to save even more money at Sprouts including:
- Wednesday to Wednesday Weekly sales: Their ads run Wednesday through Wednesday so every Wednesday, you can take advantage of the sales from 2 different ads! You will see very impressive produce prices in the ads every week.
- Mobile coupons on their mobile app: You login or create a Sprouts account, clip the mobile coupons you may want to use and then scan the barcode on your smartphone during checkout.
- Checkout Challenges: According to their website, “Checkout Challenges unlock special reward coupons. Each challenge requires you to earn a specific number of checkmarks to unlock your reward. This can be done in a single transaction or through multiple transactions. To activate a “Checkout Challenge” on the Sprouts Mobile App, click on the navigation menu and select “mySavings & Barcode.” Below your barcode, click on the “Checkout Challenges” badge. Select the challenge you would like to start by clicking on the “Activate” link. With the new Sprouts Mobile App your reward coupon is automatically clipped when you complete the challenge, ensuring you earn your reward in the same transaction. Simply, scan the “mySavings & Barcode” on your smartphone during checkout for instant savings. “
- Deals of the Month flyer: Check out the Deals of the Month flyer in stores for even more discounts and sales.
- Special Promotions: Sprouts regularly offers 72-Hour Sales, Vitamin Extravaganzas, Frozen Frenzies, Sprouts Brand Sales and more.
- Vitamin Discount: Spend $100 on vitamins and supplements and get a 10% discount off of your total purchase.
- Wine Discount: Save 10% when you buy any six bottles of wine.
See additional information on the ways you can save at Sprouts.com.
Additional Sprouts Locations In The Area
- Raleigh: 9414 Falls of Neuse Road, Raleigh, NC, in the Olive Park shopping center
- Fayetteville: 2810 Freedom Parkway Dr.
- Both stores are open daily from 7 am – 10 pm.
About Sprouts Farmers Market
Sprouts offers fresh, natural and organic groceries in a “setting that feels like an old-fashioned farmers market” according to their website. Stores include produce, meat, seafood, deli, dairy, frozen, bulk bins, baked products, ready-to-eat meals, gourmet cheeses, gluten-free products, vitamins, health and beauty and more. Sprouts has excellent produce and meat buys every week and this new location will be a welcome addition to the grocery scene in Durham.
Headquartered in Phoenix, Ariz., Sprouts employs more than 28,000 team members and operates more than 300 stores in 17 states from coast to coast. Visit sprouts.com for more information.
Read the original article here.